Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

On why it is cool to be jondace

So, I'm not going to do any grand opening introduction to my new, public blog. I'm just gonna pick up from where I left off on my private one. I will say, though, that I'm excited to be able to let LOTS more people read my blog! People will be able to "subscribe" to my blog! I will be on blog readers! I'm movin' up in the world!

Apparently, I am very desirable. More than 100 people want to keep up with me (I could only invite 100 readers to my private blog). I am flattered!

Having said that, I am wary of putting names, dates and places on here so that will be an adjustment.

I like my kids' code names, so far. I think I'll probably shorten each of their names, though.

"Miss Priss" (Miss P) says it ALL! She is all girl and all drama! Or as I defined "dramatic" to her today: "It means you have very BIG feelings!" But we love our girl with big feelings. Her big feelings means that she is very compassionate. Very imaginative. LOVES to be excited and laugh. Asks very thoughtful questions. Is smart as all get out! LOVES to dance and will talk your head in circles about when she will F.I.N.A.L.L.Y be old enough to wear "toe shoes" for ballet.

"Mr. Squish" (Mr. S) really is the most squishy boy you'll ever kiss or snuggle! It doesn't mean that he's chunky, because he is definitely NOT that (he still can wear some 18 month stuff!). But it DOES mean that when he snuggles...he MELTS into you and will let you snuggle him for as long as your arms can stand it! His cheeks are so kissable! He loves to giggle, build "big, BIG car transporters," and LOVES all other modes of transportation. His favorite, of late, is the Ford F-350 Super Duty. :) Jonathan says we need to get him a classic car book so he can start memorizing those, too. We love our Mr. Squish.

Mr. SweetSweet (Mr. SS) is....just ADORED by his whole family! He is such a joy! You can make him smile no matter what mood he's in. We think he is a good mix of both Jonathan & I, with his looks. He has Jonathan's eyes, ears, feet, hands & loooong body, my smile (and dimple!), my dad's nose & eyebrows and Jonathan's dad's deep blue eye color. We are loving his blossoming little personality which is VERY curious! He notices little details. When I'm feeding him I have to keep my wedding ring hidden or else he will get distracted and try to grab it. When we are holding him facing forward he cranes his neck around to see what ever we are doing (which is usually eating!). He is doing really well in the sleep department. Goes down AWAKE without too much of a fuss for naps and at night and wakes 1-2 times within 12 hours at night. He is growing so (and in my opinion, too) fast!

I feel like I'm getting to the point where, in some ways, having three kids is starting to feel "normal." I think it REALLY helps to have Mr. SS on a pretty good routine. I've been able to be fairly regular with exercising the past two weeks (even if it's only 10 minutes a day!) and get in a shower MOST days. This is huge! I've been doing Weight Watchers again and have lost 12 pounds so far! WW rocks. I have about 12 more pounds to get to my pre-pregnancy weight and then I'd like to lose an additional 12ish pounds to get to where I feel "just right."

But I've still got a ways to go in other areas before I can feel totally back to "normal". I'm still trying to get a handle on the laundry department; how can ONE extra little person make SO much more laundry??! Pretty much ALL housework in general, except dishes and an occasional run of the vacuum, has gone to pot. I've seriously thought about hiring a maid to help me just get my house back to normal and to a place where I can maintain...but I feel like I'm in over my head right now! Be GONE clutter and nastiness!

Keeping up with the grocery shopping and planning meals has been hit or miss the past month or so. I'll get on a good roll and makes some yummy stuff (Prevention Magazine is my fav for that, of late!) for about a week...then I can't make it to the grocery store very easily the next week and we end up eating cereal and Taco Bell. Oh well...I really am making progress!

I am really trying to figure out how to carve scripture study and some quiet time for myself to ponder and pray each day. It's probably my most difficult task! What does it really matter if my toilet is dirty for awhile...but what about my relationship with my Father in Heaven? That is something I don't think I can afford to let go by the wayside.

HA! Come to think of it....it's actually my dirty toilet that I end up using, most of the time, for a few minutes of peace and quiet! Oh the irony!

Jonathan is pluggin' along with his 2nd year of dental school. Just one more month and he gets to start working on REAL! patients in the clinic! Watch out! heehee. No, really, he is very good and I have no doubt he will do well and like working in the clinic. "They" say that life gets easier your 3rd year of dental school so that is nice to hear! "They" also said that 2nd year would be TERRIBLE...but it really hasn't been awful. Test weeks are pretty much the only points of stress but that's just once a month. The rest of the month is pretty manageable.

Well, I think this is a good start for my new blog. Thanks for stoppin' in!

3 comments:

Martha said...

I loved reading your update on your kids and life. LOVE the new look of your Public Blog too! We love & miss you guys. = )

Linda said...

Can Can, I Love your new blog... very cool! I must tell you though, it was a bit hard for me to read the print. The background makes it a bit hard... maybe possibly if you made the font bolder or something. Just an FYI. Oh yeah, and Faye mentioned you MIGHT be able to make it to our Richardson Reunion in June?? I hope so! It's been way too long!

Heather said...

Very nice Candace! I hate the 100 reader limit too. PS: Just an FYI it is a teensy bit tricky to read the text with this background, not too bad but it is more noticeable when reading the text in the "shade" vs the grass. Or maybe I am impaired. ;) Looking forward to reading you in my google reader, does this mean no more on the private blog?