Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Body Love


So after I have a baby I always come to a point where I get sick and tired of my unhealthiness and decide it is TIME to get serious about taking care of my body.

Today was the day for baby #4.

I am going to be posting all my stats, weekly, with the REAL numbers. I know I'm overweight, everyone else can see that, too, so who cares if everyone knows the actual numbers attached to the overweight-ness?

I just need to see progress. I don't care how little.

So here are my stats as of today, 11/29/11:
Weight: 178 lbs
Height: 5'6"
Waist: 34"
Hips: 44"
Chest: 34"
Thighs: 25"
Biceps: 12"
Neck: 14"

I will be keeping a food AND sleep journal. I also need to get serious about getting enough sleep. It's totally my fault that I'm not getting enough because Little Sis has been sleeping 6-8 hour stretches regularly. I am getting probably 6 hours of sleep every night.

I'll report my sleep numbers weekly as well.

I will be focusing first on eating well for the first month or so.

Exercise wise, I will be starting some yoga-like stretches and exercise to ease my body back into exercising.

I don't care if you care about this. I just need a place to be accountable.

I honestly don't hate my body right now; I LOVE my body and that is why I am doing this.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey! Do you want to be exercise, weight goal, buddies!??! I'm in the same boat as you and need to get in better shape, and just be healthier all around. We can set weekly goals and help motivate each other. If you're interested, just let me know.
I don't have a measuring tape, but I do know that I am 5'7" at 160lbs. I want to have another baby (already) but want to at LEAST be 149lbs before I get pregnant. Is that selfish??
Seriously, I just love you and love your honestly and willingness to share things how they REALLY are.

Daren and Cindy said...

You're a champ Candace! Way to go! I think its so awesome that you can be so self motivated. Food journals definitely helped me eat less. But only because I would think to myself 'If I eat this then I'll have to go through the effort of measuring it, counting calories and then write it down' so I didn't. If that's not the ultimate of laziness I don't know what is :) Good luck on getting your body healthy! Now if your motivation would just reach to AZ we'd be perfect!

Breeana said...

Love your new goal! I wish you the best and am glad you're doing it because you LOVE your body. :) oh, and just wanted to say that my opinion of you is unchanged knowing all those stats and "numbers". ;)

Heather said...

Good for you Candace. I am right there with you. I am struggling with finding/making time for myself and even just committing to eating healthier if I can't yet find the time to exercise. I am so tired of having nothing to wear and just being chubby. And even though I have these feelings I am still eating junk. :/ Craziness and I need to snap out of it! Boredom eating is my problem.

Brian and Janette said...

Can I get an AMEN!?!? So, I always get to that point too...but it's definitely taken me longer this time around to lose it. Getting serious and then not seeing results as quickly as I would like can be a real deal breaker for me. BUT...even though it is taking longer this time, I do LOVE and APPRECIATE my body so much more than last time. So...here's to kickin' those last 10 lbs of baby weight (now that my baby is officially 8 months old today)! Well...maybe after the New Year...he he he!